The International Conference on Factory Communication Systems (WFCS) is the IEEE's largest conference dedicated to communication for industrial automation systems. In 2022, it will take place in Pavia, Italy, from April 27 to 29 and will be co-hosted by the University of Pavia and Institute Industrial IT (inIT) of the OWL University of Applied Sciences.
The goal of the three-day conference is to provide a forum for researchers, developers and practitioners to discuss the latest trends in the field of industrial automation systems and to exchange innovative research approaches.
"We hope that after two years of IEEE's online format with a very good technical exchange, we can finally meet everyone in person in 2022. We would also like to encourage new colleagues from research and industry to attend the conference and join the international industrial communications community," says inIT board member Dr. Lukasz Wisniewski, who serves as general chair.
The conference will focus on the following topics:
- Communication systems and technologies
- Protocols and standards for networked embedded and cyber-physical systems
- Real-time, functional safety, IT security and maintenance of automation systems and networks
- Application of artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve communication technologies for Industry 4.0
- Energy-saving and environmentally friendly communications in industry
- Recent advances in research areas with similar communication needs
Special Session proposals can be submitted until December 17, 2021. For more information, visit wfcs22.unipv.it.